Sunday, December 30, 2018

Introduction



   The other day I sat down with a blank sheet of paper as I often do.  Having a place to offload my thoughts is a great way for me to clear my head.  I have never considered myself a great writer, but I do have a passion for shooting that has been life long.  I use the word passion because in my 40 years, I have been a lot of places and enjoyed several hobbies, but the one constant was never getting tired of learning about all things firearm related.
     I wrote down what topics I would fill a gun blog with, and in a very short amount of time I had run out of room.  Every day I go to work with over 8,000 people, live in a large city, and am in other non-shooting social circles.  Over the course of my life people have grown to know me as the consummate "gun guy".  I get asked a lot of questions about guns, gear, and shooting skills, which I always enjoy entertaining with answers that are typically far longer than anyone intended to listen to or read.  I love to share what I have learned, and having this blog will allow me to direct people to where I have covered a topic before, or use those questions to create new content.
     I also spent several years as a firearms instructor and would see many cases of people wasting thousands of dollars on guns and gear that did not work.  I would always tell them that myself or others I know have made all the mistakes for you and, if you ask, I can save you money and wasted frustration.
     I will attempt to rotate through gun reviews, special interests, shooting drills, and gear to hopefully make this an interesting read to my fellow gun loving readers.   

1 comment: